The following tasks are requested from you:
- Our first priority of the day is to ensure that the premises in and around the aquarium are clean and make sure the turtles are well fed
- We go and collect seaweed which is the natural food of Green Turtles breeding in our area
- Cleaning the tanks of the baby turtles and cheeking for the injured Turtles, then refill the tanks
- Twice a month we do beach cleanup during the low tides
- Once every two weeks we do visit the nestling beach . In order to be familiar with our village.
- To provide tour to the visitor - you will be doing guided tours around the aquarium - you will be offered resources to enable you to do that and a brief course
Note that you are entitled to two days (Saturday and Sunday) off every week
Included in the volunteer internship is accommodation - In our local community, we have our own accommodation with a double bed in each room and proper shower - Please check our photos
We invite you to join us for some local food - three meals per day, including bottled water
Your contribution to volunteer at the Mnarani Marine Turtle Conservation Pond covers your costs for room and board, and benefits the project:
- 1'000 US$ for the first month,
- 900 US$ for the second month,
- and 800 US$ per month thereafter.
Transport to and from the airport in Stone Town can be organised upon request at extra 50 US$ each way
Moreover every volunteer is expected to donate 50 US$ to the local community. This contribution is helping various projects to support the local community, among which the local childcare nursery.
This project is supported by BlueXplorer